Monday 23 October 2017

Challenge #273 - week of 23rd October 2017

My! These weeks are flying by...

I haven't found any time recently to make any pages at all :-( but I have a free day tomorrow so fingers crossed for some creative time for me. How are you doing right now?

I'm going to keep it short this week and pick a topic from my standby list of possible future prompts - sometimes, I can be a bit organised!

I'm not a big technique person which you might have got to know about me over the years, but the trend of hand lettering is definitely all over the crafting world right now so let's go in that direction.

This week, I'd like you to be inspired by hand lettering.

If you're like me, you might be challenged in this department and you might think about stamps, digital stamps, die cuts, digital (Silhouette Cameo etc) die cuts, patterned paper or even an alpha set which have a hand written design. Or maybe you've perfected the art of hand lettering yourself - and if so, would you like to teach me?!? - and can include your own creations on your project. You might even take this in the direction of recording your process of learning to hand letter or how you've worked to improve your own handwriting. Maybe your child's progress in learning to write is a topic for your page. There are definitely different ways to take this.

Here are some examples of my use of this technique on my pages - not a single one features my own writing which is probably a good thing!

I've used this Silhouette cut file by Loni Stevens several times 

This paper was so fabulous I got a couple of sheets and love using them. Such pretty writing

What's not to love with this brush lettering font alpha?

And I couldn't resist using this Loni Stevens cut file as an oversized title.

You can add your photos to our Facebook group here - we love it when you share so please don't be shy!

1 comment:

  1. Good prompt! I have my "bee" page on my desk, plus the "native costume" page! Been on the sidelines for far too long. My mojo is on steroids! :D

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...