Monday 16 October 2017

Challenge #272 - week of 16th October 2017

It's been a bit of a whirlwind few weeks round here with at least one first for me!

We were invited to an Oktoberfest party a few weeks ago (yes, we've had a prompt for Oktoberfest before WM#188 so that's not our inspiration today - not directly at least) and then we had a themed dinner here at home - "A trip to Edinburgh".

I was reluctant at first to get into the spirit of these events as I thought it might be a bit silly for me, as an English girl, to get dressed up in traditional Bavarian dress - as you might know, it's typical for women to wear Dirndl in Bavaria. But then I came across some Lederhosen for women and decided to go for it. I've captured this on a couple of pages already.... Anyway, for our Scottish evening, I didn't really want to get a new outfit and then we discovered that Edinburgh's partner city is ... Munich! An idea was born and once again, my Lederhosen were worn for a quirky touch to the evening. My DH got himself a kilt and we completed the full switching of stereotypes - a German man wearing a Scottish skirt and a British woman wearing German trousers. There was much laughter and a lot of fun was had.


So, what's that got to do with us here at Whimsical Musings? Well, this week I'd like you to be inspired by national dress.

Maybe you've got a story to tell about where you come from, the pride in national dress that exists there or in your family. How about school projects where children have to dress up as different nationalities. The colours can be pretty inspiring too - that could be the place to start. Or a particular design feature - those Dirndl for example can be pretty gorgeous for sure with the embroidery, details, colours and fabrics. Perhaps there's a family story to tell about a particular item of national dress. I hope you find a way to get inspired this week.

You can add your photos to our Facebook group here and I'm still promising to try to keep up with the prompts but a week's gone by and I haven't managed my concert inspired layout from last week so let's see how that works out this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...