Tuesday 25 October 2016

WM#234 - be inspired by leaves

I made this layout at the beginning of the month, during the first few days of LOAD1016 (the Scrap Happy family only LOAD).

You all know that this is my favourite time of year and when I took my first few autumnal photos I realised that I needed to create a hashtag to represent how I feel at this time of year. #watchmesmile seemed so obvious.

Actually, this layout uses two WM prompts. In addition to WM#234 - be inspired by leaves, the LOAD prompt the day I made it was to use the Whimsical Musings recipe in prompt WM#214 - Musings À La Whimsy which was great as I hadn't got around to that one yet! 

So I grabbed my Counterfeit Kit Challenge October kit, Lucid and pulled together this layout. I added in the Crate Paper striped design to my kit as that was in my box (I was scrapping away from home and had limited supplies). 

In fact, this single sheet of paper has proved to be a fabulous addition to the kit and has really lifted every layout I've used it on. A little goes a long way. I picked up two sheets of it from Scrapabilly but think I'll need another one or two - there's just something about the mix of colours which is just sooooo good.

Counterfeit Kit Challenge October kit, Lucid lo#1

The Pinkfresh Studio pocket page cards are proving a little tricky to use as most of them have a full design and are not suitable for journalling as such. But this one seemed perfect with the "ongoing story" text which is certainly what my love for all things autumnal is.




I particularly enjoyed making a page without necessarily using the browns, yellows and oranges associated with this time of year. The contrast of the papers and embellishments to the photos proved interesting and fresh to me.


So, two Whimsical Musings prompts on one page. I really ought to print out the list and see what's left for me to work through (there are a lot!). Would you like to join me in catching up with past inspiration from time to time?

Just have a look at the list here and when you've created, make sure you share.

You can do that at either of our Whimsical Musings groups which can be found at Flickr (here) or over at Facebook (here). Whichever is better for you is great for us. We will find you! Tag your layouts with WM#XXX so that we know which prompt you followed.

1 comment:

  1. The range is colors is fabulous, as are those circular letter. Love that page.

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...