Monday 17 October 2016

Challenge #233 - week of 17th October 2016

Well, the dreaded lurgy caught me out last week and amongst the aching bones and the sniffles and sneezes, not a single scrappy action occurred which is why I haven't made and shared my page from last week's prompt :-( But I'm on the mend and I should be back up to paper speed in the next day or two. A week of LOAD1016 has been missed which is a shame and I'm unlikely to catch up but let's see what I can come up with before the end of the month.

In the meantime, I'm writing this up before I head back over to the Netherlands to meet up with baby sis and family again tomorrow. The whole family has been there in south Holland for the last few weeks and I was there last Monday too. We visited the very picturesque town of Delft and I made sure I got a photo of a fabulous piece of art that I'd seen in sis's IG feed. It's known rather cleverly as the Blue Heart of Delft and not only represents the heart of the city but also the blue of the famous Delft Blue tiles which could be seen in all corners of this pretty town. Delft is also known as the home of Vemeer - he of The Girl With the Pearl Earring. I'd very much like to go back one day for some real exploring.


Anyway, I digress. This week I'd like you to be inspired by the Blue Heart of Delft.

Pick the colour of the heart itself or the combination of colours in my photo (that pink was perfect as a contrast). Maybe a trip to the Netherlands is the way you'd like to take it or the famous painting by Vemeer. Do you have any Delft Blue or at least replicas whose story you'd like to capture? I'm sure there's something in there for you to pick up and run with.

We'd love you use this prompt and hope you will share your creations - there are now two ways to do this!

You can either upload your layout into the Whimsical Musings Flickr gallery with the tag WM#233 or you can post it in our Whimsical Musings Facebook group. We've decided that we'll save albums for special occasions so just load up your photo to the group with the tag WM#233 in the write up text so that we can find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...