Monday 17 August 2015

Challenge #181 week of 18th August 2015

This week, I was looking over the last prompts and decided that we need to go back to something a little "old school". It's a long time since we really did a regular product type challenge and so this is that week :-)

It's something that first came out in a big way around 2009/10 and hasn't really gone away. It's something I use on my layouts (and cards) over and over again in a variety of ways and is something that I always like. My Pinterest scrapbooking board is full of them and if I'm not just cutting out shapes to form them along the top or bottom of my layout, or under my photo, then I'm fussy cutting out bits of pretty paper that can be used instead. Have you any idea what I'm talking about?

This week, I'd like you to be inspired by ... banners!

Let me share a just a couple of recent pages I've made with banners (there's quite a few out there!):

Inspired by a layout by Janna Warner

Fussy cutting is one of my favourite ways of adding some banner whimsy

An overloaded banner with loopy twine is a new favourite

A banner doesn't have to be on the main body of the page to add some detail

Another little example of fussy cutting to create a ready-made embellishment

A mix of pre-made mini cards and more loopy twine.

Where will you be adding your banners this week?

Don't forget to link up your creations over at the Whimsical Musings Flickr gallery with the tag WM#181.

1 comment:

  1. Oh this is a good challenge - a great way to use up scraps. Might have to join in once I clean the studio a bit.

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...