Monday 20 April 2015

Challenge #167 week of 20th April 2015

This week, I'm getting all trendy on you. 

Inspired by a recent topic on the Paperclipping Roundtable - episode 243 - (catch the episode here if you haven't already) and then noticing the trend online in the last few weeks, I think we need to talk pineapples!

Yes, you read that correctly! This week, I want you to be inspired by pineapples.

Now, I'm not saying that this is something that I necessarily want to include on many of my layouts as a motif - although I can actually think of several Philippine layouts that could have a pineapple on them without looking out of place! - but I've seen many projects around that have a certain *something* about them. Fun, quirky, summery and über-trendy. And if they're talking fruit on PRT, then there must be something about it!

And then when I saw this layout on Pinterest this morning, I knew that Pineapples had to be the challenge for us this week!

Sherri Funk for Pink Paislee

This layout is so much fun on so many levels and that huge stitched pineapple right there in the middle is right up my street! Maybe this could be something I could try lifting and combining with one of those Philippine stories although I'm not sure I have a single fruity pic from my time there!

I've pinned a few pineapple themed items - stamps, dies, layouts, cards, prints - onto the Whimsical Musings Pinterest board if you need a little more inspiration and I'm now on a mission to track down another layout I saw last week before listening to PRT that had me scratching my head as to, "Why?" Now I know why!

Free printable available on the Oh So Lovely blog

As always, we love to see your creations based on our prompts. So link up over at our Whimsical Musings Flickr gallery and don't forget to tag it WM#167. Hope to see your sweet creations over there this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...