Monday 13 May 2013

#89 Inspired by tone-on-tone

I got the idea for this layout early on in the week after revisiting the page with the paper waves from last week. I wanted a lot of orange on orange.

although my vision didn't become a reality, I do like the tones of orange on this page and all the small elements that add dimension to the orange. 



The black and white pictures (you know I can't resist a photobooth) made it an easy addition to the busy background which was my starting point. I added a little of the teal glitter tape to add another color to the layout. Orange and grey just seemed too sad for this happy page. 
 

the addition of that grey paper was a given once I chose a theme for this page. The graffiti-like messages on this gorgeous paper really reinforce my story - my hidden and visible journaling have the same feel. I love it when things like that fall into place.


I added some foam dots to a lot of the embellishments to create that separation of layers and the distressed edges also helped with this.

I hope you find a way to be inspired by this. I feel this is also a good way to use up stash of a certain color because you can add a lot of elements of that color into the layers. Can't wait to see what you all come up with.

xo,
Pamage

1 comment:

  1. oh boy, I'm never going to be able to make something as fab as this ! Love it Pam!

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...