Monday 31 December 2012

Challenge #71 week of 31st December 2012

Happy New Year's Eve everyone. I hope that Christmas was good to you and that Santa filled your stocking with lots of scrapbooking goodies.

Image found here

Before I talk about this week's challenge, I want to give a huge shout out to Pam who held the fort for me during December while I was away on business.  I'll tell you all about it sometime but just take it from me that it was not glamorous and being in the tropics the first two weeks in December is just too disruptive - ha ha! But bless Pam. She was so supportive and even though she was really ill just before Christmas, she kept it going and posted Tara's wonderful layout for us.

We are both hoping for calmer times in the year to come - though she may have less luck than me with that - *wink, wink*!

Anyway, back to this week's challenge.

I'm not a big fan of  New Year. I always find it a bit sad. The old year is coming to an end and that time is over. See, told you I was a "glass half-empty" type of person... So when I was thinking about the prompt for this week, I decided on the theme of "goodbye".

Now, this doesn't have to be maudlin and sad (like me on NYE!), there are many ways to put a positive spin on this.  It could relate to giving things up as part of new year objectives, or a new direction, new home, new job. You could even interpret as trying out a new design type. Of course if you want to take it down the more literal route, that's fine too and so would a NYE page itself. As ever, this prompt is wide open for you to be creative and inspired in any direction you wish. :-)

Pinterest image here
Wishing all our lovely readers a most wonderful New Year celebration. See you over at our Flickr page and here's to an inspired year of crafty goodness here on Whimsical Musings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...