Sunday 9 December 2012

#68 Inspired by cards

Not that I'm at all smug, but I'm writing this post ahead of time and just today I reached hand-made card #70 meaning that I'm all done! Ready and finished. Just waiting to be written and delivered.

What a weight off my shoulders. Thank heavens for Jingle Belles where we start with card right at the beginning of January and then continue all year long. *sigh*!

But this card isn't actually anything to do with Jingle Belles - this is from our very own Whimsical Musings prompt #68 where I took a card I'd made in July when Pam and I were making cards every day. We used 2Peas Finally Friday series for that initial inspiration and now I've been inspired by the card I made then.

And while the design itself is almost identical to that original one I made, I have changed it up a little by attaching a charm to the front that can be taken off and hung up somewhere for good luck. It's a bit hard to see but the ribbon is attached to a small 4 leaf clover. I did this a few times last year so I'm happy to have found a way of managing it again. I can't tell you who this is destined for but maybe they  will already have received it by the time this posts.



Even though I used older BG for this design, it really doesn't look very Christmassy which is just the pretty, delicate look I was hoping for. A collection of white, pearl and clear buttons sprinkled with pearls and I'm happy with how this turned out!

So, what are you waiting for? Get making those cards. In fact, this card would be perfect for production like creating - so simple and yet very eye catching.

I hope you have been inspired by this different type of prompt this week.

Remember to share with the tag WM#68. Can't wait to see what you make :-)

Happy December everyone and here comes Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...