Sunday 2 December 2012

#67 Inspired by a Layout Recipe

And here we are. I actually surprised myself and completed this layout Monday. I think we shall try this again in the future since it was so much fun for me. What did you think?

I often change up where I start my layout process. For some it's the products, for some the sketch and for other a story. Yet, most often than not I am inspired by my photos. I decided to start here for this layout. I searched in my recent favorites for 4 pictures I wanted together on a page - and what do you know? I found cooking related ones from Thanksgiving weekend.

From there the process was easy peasy. I chose some teal papers to offset the orange tone in my not-so-perfect photos. But then I gravitated to adding some orange papers for warmth. I love this color combo. Since I know I like three or more colors on my layouts, for my 5th paper I chose a lemony yellow. Next I chose my buttons - three orange ones. Then I went in search for brads. Since I had a pretty defined color scheme it was easy to go searching for matching embellishments. I quickly found three teal and three yellow. Then I chose a journaling card and some fonts and went searching for a sketch to bring it all together. I 
 
I was lucky enough to find a sketch fitting all my photos in the latest collection in Simple Scrapper's Premium Membership. That helped with figuring out paper, photo and embellishment placement. I decided to create three groupings of button+2brads to for my visual triangle. 
 
The tag I chose originally was too large for my sketch, so I quickly substituted it for one that worked.
 
I sprinkled some doodles around the embellishment area to add a personal touch and pull everything together. You can do the same with splats, glitter or tiny stamps if you don't feel comfortable doodling. 
 
Although I used my two fonts for the title, I felt it was disconnected from the home-made feel and theme of the page, so I added some adjectives in my handwriting.

Did you enjoy this process or was it challenging for you?

xo,
Pamage

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...