Sunday 19 August 2012

#52 inspired by previous prompts

Celebrate good times,come on! (Let's celebrate)
Celebrate good times, come on! (Let's celebrate)

There's a party goin' on right here
A celebration to last throughout the years
So bring your good times, and your laughter too
We gonna celebrate your party with you

Come on now

Celebration
Let's all celebrate and have a good time
Celebration
We gonna celebrate and have a good time

Ok, I think I'm showing my age now but anyway, this week is all about the party round here for our first birthday.

I challenged you to go back over our last year of weekly prompts and make a layout for one of your fabourites. 

There was a lot of choice and I couldn't find a favourite because I loved them all but there were so many that I could have done for the second or third time and a couple that I just didn't manage well or even at all. So that reduced the list down marginally. He he!

In the end I went with prompt #33 Inspired by old stash. This was a prompt I did actually make a layout for but then I destroyed it as I just hated it! I'm not sure I ever even posted it because it was just awful.

So I decided to have another go at it.

I decided to use my Beach-.house Counterfeit kit and then added in a few really old embellies - buttons, flowers, brads, word strips - as well as an "old" technique of mine - the twine wrap with a cluster. 

I really like how this turned out and as soon as I get back on my feet with regards to my creative time, you can bet I'll be working my way back through the list.






I can't believe we've been doing this a whole year now - it's been fantastic to see how it's developed and every week makes us happy.

Thanks to all of you for being a part of this  :-)

2 comments:

  1. well i love this {and that song}. Yes, some of the products look a little dated, but this layout is all you and looks as fresh as ever. I love those old techniques of yours and nothing like falling back on what we are used to for the mojo to get going. wishing you lots of scrappy time in the near future. thanks for being my partner-in-scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I love your photo and the title!

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...