Monday 9 July 2012

Challenge # 47 - Week of July 9th, 2012

This is Pam here again with another (hopefully) fun challenge for you this week.

First, I have a few pages from my archives to show you. What do these pages have in common?


i luv the beach




Well, besides the round elements, I hope the most obvious element were the Oversized Photos. Often large pictures scare us into a corner since it is such a large element to incorporate that the task may seem daunting. However, it is not much different than having a large block of photos. In fact, that is a tip I often use when creating my pages with oversized photos based on a sketch. I look for blocks of photos I can combine into one image.

Yes, you guessed it, the challenge for this week is to use an oversized picture. I consider anything larger than 4x6 "oversized" - You will notice I work with a variety of sizes and some of them irregular. So, go ahead, pull out your 5x7, 6x8, 8x10 or any other combination thereof and get to playing. This is the perfect excuse to finally use up all those professional shots we always order enlargements of and then have in a folder collecting dust. Or go ahead and print up a picture you just adore specifically for this challenge.


And why don't you add a few more pictures in the process? I don't limit my oversized photo use to single photos layouts. The page above used 7 photos without looking too crowded. You are welcome to use as many photos as you like, just make one of them larger. It is a strong storytelling tool and I think you'll enjoy it. If you need extra help along the way, here is a recent Glitter Girl adventure which tackled this topic {here}. And of course, we are always on the message boards to discuss and chat with you and how you are taking on the challenge. 

Remember to share with us on the gallery which is linked above with the tag WM#47. Until next week.

xo,
Pamage

1 comment:

  1. great idea! I have done some large photo layouts in the past but not many so this is a good incentive for me to get using it again!

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...