Monday 16 July 2012

#47 inspired by large photos

I don't use large photos often enough which is sad as I really like the effect of them. But I tend to be lazy and I have a pile of 4x6s that I have sitting around and I tend to go there first. So Pam's prompt this week was a refreshing change for me that had me sitting here considering which photo would be special enough.

And while I was looking for inspiration for this week's challenge, my eyes were drawn to my magnet board next to my desk and there was a large photo that I love and which I had recently taken out of a frame. It was fate! And the story with it is just another little story that might not have been told. And really, there's not much story - more of a "you had to be there" type of thing. But it's another piece of our Nova Scotia adventure and one that makes me happy.

The main thing is that I remember that moment when I look at this photo, so now it's on a page, that's perfect!

I used my Counterfeit kit, Beach-house which seemed only appropriate and I've just noticed that I forgot to put the date and place on that little tag to the left. I'll do that right after I finish this :-)

Excuse the not so good photo - I was in a bit of a hurry to get this done and up!



A simple story told with a large photo that takes centre stage on this pretty beachy colour paper. It didn't need much added for decoration and the journalling was short and to the point.

This week was a great reminder to get out those larger photos and make them shine. And for me, that often means a simpler, quicker page than usual and that's a double win!

Don't forget to show us how you handle your oversize shots and share with us over in the Flickr gallery - use the tag WM#47 so that we can find it :-)

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully done! Love the colors and that photo is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the page you made...and just think, those 4x6 photos can be considered oversized if you use a smaller page format. Think mini... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that photo and story is fantastic. (and so brave) I love the color scheme and that little subtle subtitle on the corner matches your message so well. Those are some of my fave alphas ;) overall a winner page with that large photo front and center.

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...