Monday 16 July 2012

#47 Inspired by large photos

well, like I said, I have no problems using large photos. I think is a useful story telling tool and I turn to it from time to time.

However, I love enlargements so much that they hardly sit in my "to scrap" pile for long. I knew making this challenge that I would have to print a new picture for this. 

I like my pictures to be really large and good quality. So I usually don't print at home. Even if I can overlook the quality issue, the largest my printer can handle is 8x10. The new challenge for Simple Scrapper called for a freestyle grid and I used that Template/Sketch provided by Simple Scrapper (which will be posted the first week in August).

 That gave me the idea that I could use this tutorial by Elise Blaha from {enJOY it} to print my own 9x9 photo.

titi pam loves u 2 pieces

I thought the title fit the page quite nicely, because the picture was all cut up. You can still appreciate the main parts of the photo despite the cuts. Granted, this technique  works best with divided page protectors... but for the perfectionists out there, you can really line up the photos better and still get a seamless look. I just preferred the puzzle look.

I took an uninteresting corner of the photo off and replaced it with a smaller photo which I printed and cut with my large round punch. this draws the eye around the page.

I balanced it all with the title placement on the bottom left corner which creates diagonal interest - a little design tip I picked up from Shimelle's video.

i also added the journaling right on top of another uninteresting corner of the photo. 

i am so glad this story is in my books and i know that little smile will make me grin every time i flip through those pages.

Thanks for joining us for another week of Whimsical Musings. We are getting so close to our anniversary! If you joined in, we would love to see your work on our gallery with the tag (WM#47).

xo,
Pamage

No comments:

Post a Comment

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...