Sunday 20 May 2012

#39 inspired by clusters

Well, Pam certainly gave me a surprise this week when she offered up the prompt to be inspired by {my} clusters! How flattering was that?!? And from what I've been seeing on the Flickr board {here}, I have to say that you all rock! Those are some wonderful clusters and if any of you try to tell me that you "can't" get the hang of clusters, well, I just can't believe it any more! :-)

But the thing is that it's all about practice and I'm sure you know that I've been practicing it on almost every layout I've created over the last two years since I first took the Nic Howard BPS class, Dimensional Details. If anyone reading this is on the fence about the remake of this class which is now being offered over at BPC as part of this year's "4 experts" series (July/Aug/Sep), then I just can't recommend it highly enough. Nic has an excellent way of building up the layers and showing you how she ends up with the results she does with the distressing, layering and clustering. An awesome class, and an awesome teacher.  Come along and join in the fun!

But back to the challenge in hand.

I felt a bit of an obligation to come up with something spectacular. Something a bit over the top maybe.

But the days went by and today I realised that I have to get my act together and make my layout. So I stopped worrying so much, used the LOAD Sketchy Sunday prompt and my May Counterfeit kit, Whisper and just pottered around making my layout. I stopped thinking about the sketch and the challenge and ended up with something I love.




I ended up with a main cluster and then a mini, off the page one in the opposite corner. I was inspired by Pam's layout to include all the butterflies. Actually, I video'd myself making up the cluster with my iPhone and I'm wondering how that turned out! I'm not sure and it was the first time I've ever done it so I'm going to check that out and if it's half decent, I'll let you see it! I think I need to get the position of the camera better but it's a start.

As you can see, my main cluster isn't so big but it has many different items tucked in there - some of which you can't see. Sometimes that disturbs but mostly I try and not worry about that too much.

Pam has put her post up already so I'll be back in the morning with another prompt for the week to come.

In the meantime, come on over to Flickr and share your creations with us. We love to see how you interpret our ideas whether it's the latest or the first one we posted. Everyone is welcome and we are so grateful that you join in on what we have to offer!

1 comment:

  1. I may look into that class. I remember when you took it and started creating all your gorgeous layers and clusters. Lisa, you are the master of this, seriously! Another gorgeous layout for sure!

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...