Monday 2 April 2012

Challenge #33 - Week of April 2, 2012

Who's ready for another challenge?

Last year on twopeasinabucket.com, Shannon Tidwell ran a series titled Products You Love Every Which Way. I loved participating in that free class {you can still check out the archived lessons}. Every month it felt like I discovered something I didn't know about my own stash. It was quite wonderful.

Here are a few examples of pages I made inspired by this class -

this was part of "chipboard" month

this was part of "border sticker" month
All of the ideas Shannon offered used new and trendy products... but it made me wander what these pages would look like if I was learning to use up my stash in 2001 or 2005 or even 2009. 

So your challenge this week is to dig deep in your stash and find a product that you collected for a while and no longer use - and use it! Lots of it!

One of the keys I learned from Shannon is that products look better sometimes when they are grouped together in large quantities. Sometimes when we are using up our new products we are stingy in how we use them up, trying to stretch them. Using perhaps just the one butterfly from the pretty new set of stickers or just one of the border stickers from the brand new release. 

However, this challenge will provide you the perfect opportunity to splurge a little with how you use a product on a page. For example, I plan to find a use for all those eyelets (was I the only one that bought 300 of them and used just 5?) I have collecting dust in my stash. And I plan to use them like I use buttons or brads...



If you think about it, you bought so much of it back then because you loved it. And so what if it's old? Give yourself permission to use it and to use a lot of it. And add a few new products to make your page look fresh and current and fitting to your new style. You will love the results. I promise.

What do you have a ton of in your stash that you no longer use? Vellum? Stickers? Die-cut shapes? Fluorescent paper? chalks? Jolee's layered embellishments? Metal tags? Decorative scissors?

Are you willing to play along with us this week and put these items to good use?

I can't wait to see what you come up with!

xo,
Pamage

2 comments:

  1. Love where you are coming from, but I do believe there are things beyond using!!! lol I'm going to have a go as I'm on a grand project to use up old stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I specifically remember writing a comment but it's vanished! I was pleased to read that I'm not the only one with eyelet overflow issues! I'm going to have to have a look and see what 'vintage' treasures I can rustle up. Nice prompt Pam!

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...