Monday 20 February 2012

Challenge #27 Week of 20 February, 2012

We are going green. If you follow me at all, you probably know that I love green. Most shades of green just make me happy. But I am not asking you to make a Green page (although, you get extra points in my book if you do!)

I am talking about the concept of "green" - Repurposing, Recycling, Re-using.

I am always on the hunt for little items to use on my layouts. Often times these items are not scrap related.

Here are a few examples:

Aerie jewelry purchase pouch turned into journaling pocket

Popsicle stick turned into ribbon holder element

dimes turned into embellishment

chipboard tag from a brad set - I covered the holes with the journaling

fabric scraps turned into leaves

magazine page scraps turned into background

chipboard sticker discard turned into patterned paper

prima packaging turned into tag

As you can see, there are many ways of adding every day things to our layouts with a little creativity.

Challenge: Whatever you are busy creating this week, keep your eye out for any items you can re-purpose in your layouts.

Remember to add your creation to our flick'r gallery.

Happy creating!
Pamage

3 comments:

  1. nice idea - I need to be reminded of that more often. but I'm patting myself on the back right now as I did actually put some prima packaging onto my LOAD 17 page. Just a little thing but it made me feel pretty virtuous I can tell you! Looking forward to seeing what I can rustle up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea! I used packaging backing as a photo mat last week, so now I'll be on lookout for some other cool thing to add! Thanks, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to join in for some time now...glad I finally took the leap. I really want to keep the mojo going after LOAD, so this seems perfect. In addition to the phone book page I used for this challenge, I was so excited that I had the idea to use the negative space on a sticker sheet for a LOAD layout. At first I was disappointed that I didn't have the right letters and then thought I could cut around the letter and mount it on a little cardstock rectangle. Perfect. I know digi people always say digi is great b/c you never run out of e's, but I love a letter challenge and making it work. Nothing against digi, it's just me and what makes me tick. Thanks Pam and Lisa! Looking forward to next week's challenge.

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...