Monday 20 February 2012

#26 Inspired by Sketches and Hearts

I absolutely adored the sketch that Lisa chose for us this week. 

http://pagemaps.com/feb12maps.htm


I originally wanted to do a double page layout, but as I looked through my photos, I settled on these three and the right side of the layout made more sense.


I stayed pretty true to the sketch, with the heart/twine combo and the dotted line circle. Like Lisa, I used a handdrawn heart.  I went to town with the hearts too with 2 patterned papers with hearts on them and the little heart on the pouch.



Taking a cue from Whimsical Musings Challenge # 24, I used a handwritten note (the only one I have) in a little envelope.



I also hand-stitched part of the title, which makes me pretty happy.





Overall, it feels a little too girlie for my taste, but it is a love story, so it seems fitting. I had a lot of fun with this sketch. I hope you were able to draw some inspiration this week. If you did, we'd love to see your work in our gallery (tag WM#26).


I will be back soon with a new challenge.


hearts & hugs,
Pamage

1 comment:

  1. now this is a gorgeous layout and how cool that independent of each other, we chose different sides of the sketch to make! I adore your handstitching and the girliness of the layout - it's über-cute! A love story! How fitting for Valentine's Day week - perfect!

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...