Friday 16 December 2011

#18 inspired by the details of Christmas

Well, Lisa has done it again. She has inspired me to create another overlooked story. I take lots of pictures at every family event, but here's a little secret about me - I don't actually like themed products and I rarely use/own any. I also quickly get bored with telling the same story over and over. But then Lisa asked us to take a look at the details that make this season special [here].

So I looked through my pictures and found the ones I took last year which I still haven't gotten around to scrapping them. And I looked closely at all the reasons why those pictures make me smile. And a page was born.



 A short word about the tags - I was dying to use my Ormulu tags which came in my Studio Calico December  Kit - Brooklyn Flea. I am not one to endorse vendors often, but I simply cannot get enough of my Studio Calico kits and all the wonderful trinkets they find. I am so glad they introduced me to Ormolu's tags. I am in love. {I am no way affiliated with Ormolu or Studio Calico, but I am a big fan of their products}.

And a quick note about theme product {from my soap box} - guess what? You don't need it! Like I said, I don't have any. But by scrounging through my overflowing stash I was able to find items that would fit the theme either through their color or their shape: buttons, red/green papers, bling, felt, silver pen. And it works! So if you're like me and don't own the entire My Mind's Eye Merry Days of Christmas line {as gorgeous as it may be} you can still create pretty Holiday pages. Get a little creative.

So, I hope you were able to take some time this week from your busy Holiday preparations to play with some paper, glue and baubles. If you did, I look forward to seeing your creations added to our flick'r gallery with the tag WM#18. I am looking forward to seeing what Lisa creates.

And remember to check this space next Monday for a new challenge from yours truly. Now, get back to enjoying those details that make this season so special.

xo,
Pamage

2 comments:

  1. so so lovely and inspiring Pam!!!! (You always make it look so easy -- honestly.) xo Heidi
    p.s. For the record, well before SC was all rah-rahing Ormulu I was a frequent shopper (when they started on Etsy....) I haven't shopped Ormulu in a few years. MAN, I'm MISSING OUT!!!! LOVE THOSE TAGS :) haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Pam - so inspiring. And yes, you always make it look easy and if I tried this it certainly wouldn't be! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

We <3 comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...